Construction Journal Entry Week of 8/29/21

8/31-9/3 I went up to Camp Serendipity for four days: Tuesday through Friday.

I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, so I didn't arrive at Camp Serendipity until 5:25. I only had enough time to start my end of day rituals.

On Wednesday I did some exercises, practiced the piano, and then returned a call from Earl. Then I called the hospital and scheduled a scan of my neck. They saw some things in my neck that need further looking at, so I need to get another scan.

I put my work clothes on, went outside and hauled three wheelbarrow loads of firewood down from the bluff. The trail was now much better, and I was more careful, so I felt plenty safe. The weather was extremely pleasant.

After lunch and a nap, I went back outside and did some surveying. Then Bill called and we had a great conversation. He gave me the news that Dave and Andi both got the covid.

On Thursday Dave called first thing in the morning and filled me in with the details. Andi had no symptoms and Dave's symptoms were mild.

After we hung up, I practiced the piano and then did some editing of my electrical diagrams. Then I went outside and brought 6 gallons of water to Andrew. Then I wheeled four more loads of firewood down from the bluff.

After lunch and a nap, I spent some time just relaxing in Dave's Adirondack chair. Then I brought some stuff to the truck that I will need on the hike coming up this weekend. Then I went up on the bluff and hauled one more wheelbarrow load of wood down to the cabin. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading. There was a lot of smoke in the air all afternoon and I could hear airplanes flying around so I think the fire is on Nason Ridge.

On Friday I practiced the piano, and then vacuumed the first floor. Then I spent some time writing and left for home at 12 o'clock looking forward to a long hike this weekend.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2021 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.